Ozone is nature's "active oxygen" and is composed of three oxygen atoms (o3) whereas oxygen is composed of two (o2). Ozone is created naturally in the earth's atmosphere in two ways. The first is when the sun's ultraviolet rays meet the oxygen already present in the earth's air, which creates the protective ozone layer. The second and more common way ozone is produced is when lightning strikes the oxygen in the air converting oxygen to ozone. Ozone is detectable by the fresh, clean scent you find after a rainstorm, and is essentially the driving component of fresh, clean air. Ozone is the most powerful oxidizer known to mankind and is the alternative water purifier to traditional chemicals.
- Ozone is "active oxygen", nature's special element. (Each ozone molecule consists of three oxygen atoms.)
- Ozone is a natural purifier.
- Ozone is created in nature by the combination of oxygen in air and the ultraviolet rays of the sun or by the corona discharge that occurs during a lightning storm.
- Ozone has the clean, fresh scent noticed after a rainstorm.
- Ozone is the most powerful oxidizer safely used.
- Ozone is the alternative water purifier to traditional chemicals such as chlorine and bromine.
Ozone (O3) or "Active Oxygen" is that deep blue gas that you see above the clouds. Ozone is not bad, it is actually protecting us. Concerns over holes in the Ozone layer relate to a potential loss of that protection.
A single Oxygen atom is bonded to the original Oxygen (O2) molecule to create "Active Oxygen" or Ozone (O3) The O3 molecule will seek out toxins. When toxins are encountered the third oxygen atom will break off and attach to the toxin, thereby changing its molecular structure and "Oxidizing" it. The original molecule will then revert back to O2 or Oxygen. Natures most powerful disinfecting process...with no harsh chemical residue.
- Ozone is one of the most powerful disinfectants available, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals or detergents.
- Ozone gas from our process leaves absolutely no residue.
- Your clothes, bedding and linens will be sanitized and smell fresh and clean.
- Your food will not be harmed. In fact, Ozone is approved by the FDA as a food additive/preservative and is commonly used for water purification.
- Earth Blue System's technology is a less costly alternative to other methods of solving mold and air quality issues.
Did You Know?
Ozone is NOT Smog. Ozone is actually nature’s way of cleaning up smog. Ozone levels are higher near smog because negatively charged ozone molecules are naturally attracted to positively charged air pollution molecules. It is nature's way of fighting the smog and oxidizing the hydrocarbon particulate matter.